The Webb Library has a wonderful collection of children’s, juvenile, and young adult books for ages 0-18.
The Kids’ Room
- The lower level of the library houses the charming children’s room and our collection of picture books, first reader books, and juvenile fiction, biography, and juvenile non-fiction books. Children’s movies on DVD (rated G or PG) are also available for one-week checkout. A checkerboard game table, coloring pages, and kid-friendly computer with filtered internet access and games add to the fun of this room.
- A parenting section of books on topics such as pregnancy, discipline, and early learning is housed in the non-fiction room for easy access!
KIDS PROGRAMS :
Preschool Story Time
- We offer a weekly Preschool Story time for ages 2-5 with their caregivers on Wed. and Thur. from 10:30 am to 11:30 am. This program helps to promote early literacy skills through reading, songs, games, and crafts.
Family Fun Nights
- The third Friday of the month the Webb hosts a night of “unplugged” fun for the whole family. We have pizza, board games, puzzles and Legos; not to mention just enjoying the library at night. This is a great way to meet other families and just spend time together away from all our gadgets! $5.00 per family for pizza.
- Please call or e-mail and ask to be added to Ms. Laura’s email list at firstname.lastname@example.org , if you would like updates about this and other family events.
Paws to R.E.A.D.
- Reading Education Assistance Dogs, is a national literacy program. Cali is a certified therapy dog and loves to listen to children read. Young readers gain confidence reading to a non-judgemental furry friend. Check our Website for the next time Cali will be visiting the library and sign your child up for a 15min time slot to read to Cali.
Summer Reading Program 2017 TBA
- The Webb Library’s Summer Reading Program encourages and rewards all children to continue reading during the summer break, which helps prevent the dreaded Brain Drain. Our activities are designed to keep them reading and writing. Once you have registered you complete the activities and reading at home. Rewards are given as they complete each activity, which encourages them to keep it up!
- You are invited to join us for Wed. and/or Thurs. Storytimes and our Special Events all summer. For more information click on Summer Reading icon on the home page.
- Registration and Opening Event coming in June 2017
- New TBA soon!
Check out our blog for the latest updates!
For more information on children’s activities at the Webb, contact Laura Murphy, Program Coordinator at email@example.com
KIDS LINKS AND HOMEWORK HELP FINISHED
Ask Jeeves for kids